Welcome to the historic fishing village of Porthleven. As the most Southerly port in the UK, Porthleven was originally built as a harbour of refuge in an area recognised as a black spot for wrecks and stormy seas.
Today, Porthleven is a different kind of refuge. A haven of sorts for all sorts for restaurateurs, seafood lovers, coastal walkers, holiday makers, storm watchers, fish mongers and now, Ballers too.
We love our village, and would like you to come and enjoy it the way that we do. We operate an open gate policy; as ticket holders you can come and go as you please during the afternoon and evening, so that you can go for a dip, grab a pint of local ale, or if you’re feeling fancy, hit Kota for a seven course tasting menu courtesy of local chef Jude Kereama.
Porthleven really is your oyster, so we’ve compiled you a Baller’s list of things to do in ‘Lev.
– The Ship Inn – Our team local, one of the most characterful pubs you will ever visit, and loose as hell. Great pub grub too.
– The Atlantic – On the opposite side of the harbour to the Ball site, its the perfect place to catch the evening sun.
– Amelies – Great seafood sharers and stone baked pizzas in an ambient eatery – www.ameliesporthleven.co.uk
– Kota Kai – Relaxed eats done well with an Asian twist – www.kotakai.co.uk
– The Square – Hearty food cooked to perfection and alfresco tables with a view – www.thesquareatporthleven.co.uk
– Kota – Sporting three AA rosettes and a Michelin Bib Gourmand, Kota is great upmarket dining. Try their very fairly priced 3 course set, or the 7 course taster if you really want to push the boat out. Booking advised! – www.kotarestaurant.co.uk
– The Mussel Shoal – Upcoming alfresco dining on a pontoon in the harbour serving the freshest Moules & Frittes in a rustic style. Not to be missed!
– Origin Coffee – A relatively new Cornish Coffee company, Origin have gone from strength to strength. We chalk their success down to finesse and of course, their delicious and responsibly sourced coffee.
– The Hideaway – Very reasonably priced sandwiches, baguettes and full English in a friendly and chilled out atmosphere. The way it should be.
– Quayside Fish – Award winning fish from the friendliest of chaps. We’d recommend picking up some fillets for when you get home. You’ve never eaten fish this fresh.
– Get beached out – Cornwall has the best natural beaches in the UK hands down, and loads of them! Say no more.
– Surfing – There are several great surfing beaches in the vicinity of Porthleven for all levels of experience, from Poldhu to Praa Sands, there’s guaranteed to be a break for you. We’re even offering some official MB surf lessons.
– SUP lessons – Take a stand up paddle board lesson straight out the harbour. click HERE for more info.
– Walking / Cycling – There are countless beautiful coastal walks that start in, or pass through Porthleven. Check some out here: www.southwestcoastpath.org.uk/walk-coast-path/trip-planning/day-day-guide/
More listings, treats and activities to come…